Sunday, September 11, 2016

Ain't What it Used to Be

More than occasionally, I'm one of those old farts that talks out of place with my children. I recall having a conversation with one of my children a few years back when I spoke 'stupid stuff.' My daughter was bemoaning the fact that one of her son's college classrooms did NOT have air conditioning. Of course, my retort lacked empathy and therefore my daughter lectured me. Her comment, "Dad, your generation did not have air conditioning everywhere but your grandkids know 'only' air conditioned comfort." She was right; I was wrong.

On the other hand, I've noticed some generational differences between my youth and the grankid's youth. Seems to be a greater number of fat kids these days. Perhaps because they sit in air conditioning comfort playing electronic games and their mommies give them bogus notes to get out of taking physical education classes where they'd likely sweat.

We shall never be able to verify but I'd bet had Americans had Air conditioning and select comfort mattresses back when our civil war broke out 'that war' would have lasted about two or three weeks...somebody would have surrendered quickly...too damn hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment