Friday, September 16, 2016

Life Longs for Itself

This is a bitter-sweet time in my personal journey. My wife and I leave Decatur today and travel to the Nortwest Chicago suburbs where we will embrace family and friends to witness and celebrate the marriage of our granddaughter, Lindsay O'Keefe to Reid Mitchell. On Sunday we shall return to Decatur and prepare for a departure to the St. Louis area where more family and friends will gather to bid an earthly farewell to our dear brother-in law, Jerry Coyle.

Lindsay and Reid begin a journey as they learn to walk together with one another and hopefully their Lord. Jerry Coyle died on his wedding anniversary September 12. He was married to my wife's sister, Lois for 55-years; she died eight years ago.

I pray that God will bless our granddaughter, Lindsay and her new husband Reid as He richly blessed Jerry and Lois who will now reunite in Christ's promised eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment