Thursday, September 8, 2016

I Don't Remember Doing That!

My kids are truly caring. They frequently telephone to check on mom and dad. Add to that, they also come for visits and invite the folks for informal gatherings at their respective homes. They also have been known to include the oldsters to go places, even on their family vacations. Like I said, they are very caring.

Just two days ago, our son telephoned and and when I said, "Hello." He asked, "What are you doin'?"
Not to alarm him or cause him worry, I did not tell him 'exactly' what I was doing. Actually, I told him, "Having a cup of coffee." Truth be known, I was removing the box of Cheerios from the refrigerator and placing it in the cabinet where we keep all cereals. I am not sure if it was I or my wife who had placed the cereal in the fridge nine hours earlier after breakfast.

Look, I'm not that alarmed over some slight forgetfulness or memory loss. Sometimes, I believe it has benefits. I know that the past several weeks have been the midst of the television re-run season and my wife and I will swear we are seeing our favorite sitcom episodes for the first time.

Oh buddy-boy, this train ride gets more interesting with each passing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment