Monday, September 19, 2016

Still Head Scratching

Our second oldest granddaughter, Lindsay O'Keefe married Reid Mitchell this past Saturday afternoon in Hoffman Estates and it was indeed some kind of extravaganza.  I will share more about the wedding later when I recover from some bizarre occurrences.

I am still trying to understand just why I was required to be formally dressed at 10:30AM for wedding day (pre-ceremony) photo-taking when my picture was taken at 2:15PM. Then there was the shocking trauma of entering a very elegant reception hall dining room only to locate my personalized seating that was 'flagged' with a well designed 'Trump for President' sign.

After dinner, I was informed that my wife, Gerry had been introducing a very married 'straight gentleman' to people as the partner of a Gay gentleman. Discovering that bit of 'feathers-in-the-wind' episode, we spent several minutes looking up folks untangling that ball of string.

Towards the end of the evening, I thought I'd ask a nice 84-year old lady if she'd like to dance and she accepted my invitation. Two bars into the music the old girl pinched the check of my butt. I hated what I did next but I thought I had no choice. I located her son and "told" on his mother....I mean after all the lady lives with her son and he needs to know these things. He needs to have that 'talk' with his mom, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment