Friday, September 2, 2016

My Kinda President

When it comes to peoples' desires to know 'stuff' about Presidential candidates, I just don't jive with most folks interests. I'm not interested in their income or tax returns. I could care less about their married life or if they smoked pot in college. However, I do wish to know about their college GPA and I want it confirmed that this person never knew there was a Homecoming football game but was identified as that only student seen in the campus library at kick-off time.

I want my President to be a top of the line first class 'cerebral-nerd.' I hope my President is like that kid I sat behind in high school chemistry class. That boringly studious twerp who memorized the periodic table the first day of class while the teacher was taking attendance. I want this President to be remember by classmates as the guy to worked calculus problems in his head while others reached for a calculator.

This 2016, election year, people are worried about Hillary's honesty and Donald's nearness to the nuke-button. I recall a few elections back when the big political question was, "Who do you want answering that daunting 3AM White House telephone call?" Hell, I can tell you who...I want some intellectual-nerd-blossom who is already awake, sitting up in bed working a Rubik's Cube and completing crossword puzzles while watching television re-runs of Jeopardy. I really don't care if he goes to the Synagogue on Saturday, Church on Sunday or neither. Just as long as he doesn't golf or fish or know people who do.

I want my Commander-in Chief to be someone who is super smart. This intellectual nerd will care less about lobbyists or interests groups. Why? Because he / she has never been exposed to group dynamics or social acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment