Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Fool Like Me

I absolutely hate it when that happens. Oh, excuse me, I assumed that you knew of that which I speak because at the time it happened I felt as if the world was watching me! Yesterday afternoon, I did a post office stop and then went to the garden shop at Walmart. I left the garden area cashier pushing a cart filled with flowers, mulch, potting soil and two large hanging ferns. As soon as I exited the doorway, I realized that I was clueless as to where I had parked my automobile.

As I began weaving between autos going from aisle to aisle it started to rain. Making matters worse two neighbors drove past me and waved. I quickened my pace to give the appearance I knew where I was going and in a hurry to get out of the rain. The reality was I did not know if I was going towards or away from my car. It was during that faster pace when one of the ferns fell from the cart. A homeless fella begging at a nearby curb ran to help me pick up my fern. I reached in my jacket pocket and pulled out a dollar bill, which was change from my post office visit and handed it to the guy. He then said, "You want me to help you find your car?" Crap, this guy has been watching me.

I finally located my vehicle and quickly slipped behind the wheel and departed. While driving home, I thought of other moments that perhaps equals that embarrassment of losing your car in the Walmart parking lot. I recall standing up from my coaching chair during a game and asking for a time out only to realize my team didn't have the ball...that's dumb. I remember coming out of a Theater's restroom with my 'fly open.' The bad thing about that incident was being told by a total stranger that I was not zipped, I looked down to notice part of my shirt tail was protruding from the open fly. That'll make your face flush.

Then there was the time our school's coaching staff was going through a CPR certification class. You know the procedures involving chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The day after, I noticed my upper lip was bruised. My goodness, I accept the fact that I am intense and passionate about challenges but holy cow 'it was a dummy.'

        (Touch)
Everybody Plays The Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment