Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Time For One Another

Every evening before retiring, I 'windup' the pendulum driven Seth Thomas 1905 grandfather's clock.  That chime clock was a prized possession of Grandpa E. V. Bennett. The old clock must be wound to keep pace with time because we know 'time waits for no one.' As author, Stephen King said, "Time takes it all whether you want it to or not."

I remember as a elementary student, the teacher often checked the 'needs improvement' section of report-card, 'use Time to good advantage.' That was a kind way to tell parents, 'your kid can be a pain in the butt not paying attention.'

My high school baseball coach often reminded me to mix up my pitches to keep hitters' timing off.

We've heard business men proclaim to workers, 'Time is money.' In other words stay at your task and get-it-done.' Actually, time is valuable because every person is living on borrowed time.

My wife has a good friend who always runs late to gatherings. The friend frequently claims, "I lost track of time." As for this writer, I am a freak about being on time. I have ALWAYS subscribed to William Shakespeare's claim, "Better three hours too soon than one minute late."

I believe we can all agree that time flies when the moment is joyous and fun yet that same time moves agonizingly slow when our moment is anxious. Likewise, all have heard that phrase, "It wasn't his 'time' to go" when that person avoids a tragic event.

The late sports broadcaster, Jack Buck signed off all broadcasts saying, "Thanks for your TIME this TIME till next TIME, so long."

...and I thank you for taking time each day to read these words...have a blessed day and enjoy your time.

            (Touch)
Timing

No comments:

Post a Comment