Monday, May 8, 2017

S#*t Happens

I recently read a news report out of Nampo, Idaho. It seems that Nampo has a serious Pigeon poop problem. The birds are crapping all over the downtown buildings. The city's facilities manager is not only frustrated with roof repairs and painting needs, he is concerned about the poop's bacteria getting into buildings' ventilation systems causing health issues.

On a personal note, I have bird feeders all my backyard. I enjoy 'watching birds.' That said, I'm on record telling y'all that chickens are the nastiest creatures on earth and you know what they say..
'birds of a feather?'

I don't have a solution for the Idaho community but I would remind them that 'S#*t Happens.' Remember when you were in school and forgot to do homework? The class was about to end without the teacher 'asking' for the work to be turned in when some nerd-butt said, "Teacher, do you want our homework?" S#*t Happens. And you readers can relate to this: Anytime you are in a hurry you can count on a slower person to be in front of you whether it's in a checkout line or traffic. 'S#*t Happens.

Years ago, I had a brother-in-law who worked to hone his comedy-routine. He had a unique scheme to land a stand up segment on Johnny Carson's 'Tonight Show.' At some cost, he had a homing-pigeon trainer train a bird to fly from East St. Louis to New York where The Tonight Show aired. The pigeon would have a note attached to its leg. The note would give the name and telephone number of my brother-in-law. Great idea, eh? I thought so!

Two weeks after the pigeon left East St. Louis for New York, my brother-in-law's phone rang; it was a farmer from Paducah, Kentucky wanting to know if my brother-in-law was missing a pigeon.

The moral to this story is a simple one: You can enjoy watching birds, you just can't trust them!

'S#*t Happens'

      (Touch)
Little Jimmy Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment