Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Vanity on Display

I have NEVER personally met a Military General, therefore I will acknowledge upfront that I may have the following mpressions all wrong. Now please wrap your mind around THAT statement since damn few people even consider the possibility they could be wrong. You may begin with the President.

My father served under General Patton and his only comment about the man is that Patton was glory hungry at the 'fatigued expense' of his troops. I would suspect that the effectiveness of the military to be successful in battle is the absolute disciplined response to orders from strong no-nonsense straightforward leadership. That said, it is understandable that military brass would take on an 'air' of confidence, determination and both mental and physical toughness. In delivering such a message to combat-troops, I can envision condescending persona.

In the movie 'A Few Good Men,' staring Jack Nicholson as col. Nathan R. Jessup, we see a tough-talking rather narrow-minded military officer.

In real-life, we note similar dogmatic posturing from General Michael T. Flynn and LT. General H.R. McMaster. Flynn served a little over two weeks as Trump's National Security Advisor before being fired for lying. McMaster who currently serves as the National Security Advisor displays the same gruff, intimidating demeanor.

I am quick to stand and applaud those who serve our nation and I pray aloud each day for God's protection on all who serve this nation's people.

I need to begin praying that the military brass 'dial-it-back' when speaking to the American public. Their collective condescending attitudes is disrespectful. If these guys feel a need to strut (some while sitting) spare me their superiority vanity!

         (Touch)

Vanity

No comments:

Post a Comment