Friday, May 26, 2017

The Way We Were

In a blog last week, I mentioned my up-coming 60th high school reunion. After reading, a  younger woman who obviously follows the blog commented that she did not share my enthusiasm for class reunions. I remember one of my daughters made a similar statement years ago about those High school Anniversary reunions.

Even though, my wife and have always embraced those reunion-gatherings, I can appreciate that younger folks are too busy for deep reflections as they 'feel' much time remaining on the train ride. At the other end of the tangent it becomes easier for older folks to sense the slowing of the train as it approaches the station. We see a different view out the window and consequently, we take leave 'thinking' about those years that shaped our lives and changed our world forever.

Fair to say, when we were young, we thought very little about becoming old but when we are old, it is so easy to recall 'When We Were Young!'

(Touch)
If I Had My Way

No comments:

Post a Comment