Monday, July 31, 2017

'Forgiveness' was the lesson.

I attended Grace United Methodist Church Vacation Bible School (Decatur, Illinois) last Saturday, July 29.  The last time I attended a Vacation Bible School was 68-years ago at Grace Methodist Church Washington Park, (East St. Louis) Illinois. At that Vacation Bible School, sixty-right years ago, I made a plaster-of-Paris molded bust of a dog's head. I have no idea what the lesson was that day but I still have the dog head. This most recent Vacation Bible School lesson was about "Forgiveness." I know this because I was responsible for teaching a portion.

There has been many times in my personal journey that I have sought divine forgiveness as well as forgiveness from those who travel this journey with me. The 'Good Book' tells us that forgiveness is on-going. We are to think of it as we think of numbers...infinity. I do understand that on those occasions when I was wronged and felt hurt and anger, I could only move on and feel better 'inside' if I forgave. Those times when I withheld my forgiveness and hung on to the hurt and anger, I was miserable. I had given power to my trespasser and I deplore giving another person dominion over my spirit.

I hope 'Forgiveness' is in your 'Play Book.'
(Touch)
Forgiveness





No comments:

Post a Comment