Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Men and Women Differ in 'Oh So' many ways.

This past Sunday afternoon, I thought I'd loose my mind trying to avoid those never-ending news programs and the on-going conversations about Health Care, Russian-Trump investigations, Presidential Pardons and the 'Who's on first, What's on second at the White House.' A fella can take just so much of that lying-in-your-face gobbledygook.

Well, I began channel searching looking for a Cowboy Movie and why not? I was hoping to find the movie 'Rio Bravo' and watch it for the 13th time or perhaps a Clint Eastwood classic like 'Grand Torino.' Suddenly, my remote or as we call it around our crib, 'the clicker,' stopped working...time to change the batteries. As I went to get new batteries, my wife picked up the remote to remove and discard the old batteries. I returned to the family room and handed the batteries to my better half.

At that exact moment the telephone rang and I answered. When I finished my telephone conversation, I noticed my wife comfortably positioned on the sofa watching a Hallmark Channel 'Christmas Movie.' Folks, the outside temperature was 93 degrees and Hallmark is showing Christmas movies? I slowly removed myself from the family room and went to my downstairs office to (burn) record CD's from some classic 1950's vinyls. Sometimes a fella must escape the realities of today's madness!
(Touch)
Lost in the Fifties

No comments:

Post a Comment