Monday, July 3, 2017

Strange Out There

Let me state unequivocally that I believe we Americans live in wonderful times. In earlier decades, I would not be living; modern medicines and medical techniques available today bode well with most of society. That said should not send a signal that living these days is necessarily easy, it is not.

Consider please...
Most of my telephone calls are met with a pre-recorded message of instructions. I no longer drive an automobile with keys placed in an ignition. My new television set requires all kinds of accessories and an online code registration number before watching re-runs of 'The Rifleman.' My gasoline-station sells milk, hot dogs and gambling opportunities. Of course, in that venue as others, I am required to wait on myself and seek out someone to whom I give my money.

Some local schools have police officers on the premise suggesting there is potential for 'problems.' I appreciate the 'message' in light of frequent public shootings at schools, hospitals, nightclubs and concert venues not to dismiss the possibility that the guys standing next to you at the July 4th Community Park celebration may have a bomb strapped to his ass. I dare not make a face at the guy riding on my rear car-bumper at 77-mph...he likely has a gun in the seat next to him.

No longer do I enjoy the Doo Wop Motown sounds and lyrics sung by nattily attired men demonstrating smooth synchronized dance moves...nope, they've been replaced by baggy-pants  wearing, tattooed wannabes whose rhymes pale to those penned by Chuck Berry.

I live in a nation with a paranoid President who wants me to disclose a plethora of personal information before I can exercise my voting right. I'm told that my social security number along with other information will be safe with the government...surely, they shit me!

I remember going to Church seeking forgiveness. Today, many Church folks seemingly have found personal forgiveness and now are in the business of judging fellow citizens about personal choices protected under a document called 'The Constitution.'

I have NEVER seen so many people so ANGRY. Excuse me but I'm going to take my pup for a walk.
(Touch)
Stranger in Paradice

No comments:

Post a Comment