Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Thank you, Blog Readers

Yesterday, I posted a recollection of a young boy that I knew in my first year of high school coaching in 1962-63.  The young seventeen year old senior was Joe Smith of Assumption, Illinois. I shared his story because Joe's 'story' always remained in my mind and heart these past 46 years. Perhaps you can relate because there is some thing in your past relationships that remained unfinished, incomplete and/or 'stuck in your gut.' Well, Joe's tough break being denied his senior football season was hurtful but his tragic death serving our nation during the Vietnam War was devastating to his mother and the small close knit rural community, Joe called home.

The joy so many felt when Joe's remains were identified was unbelievable. Therefore, I told you 'the story.' Now, let me tell you this: My daily blog readership number averages 217 readers. Yesterday, 1,437 readers plugged into and read The Joe Smith blog. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all that not only read the story but who obviously used some form of social-media to tell others to check it out.

I believe with all my heart that Joe Smith's giving spirit lives and was perpetuated through your kind caring help. Joe again made a contribution.

God bless you and a young man's memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment