Friday, December 1, 2017

Remembering Man's Greatest Gift

Five years ago this month my mother died. My, how time flies. I should correct that first sentence to read: Our mother died. She gave birth to three sons; yours truly, Tom and Marty.

People subscribe to many beliefs, ideas, opinions and often anchor those feelings with clever sayings and quotes. I do the same when I profoundly purport that 'Mothers are man's greatest gift.' Nobody told me that and nobody insisted I adopt that belief. That said, I have held that belief my entire life and preached it to my children, grandchildren and others...'Mothers' are Man's Greatest Gift!

 Many speak of this notion about 'unconditional love as if we all understand it's definition. Well, I'm not sure that I can string together an arrangement of words to properly define 'unconditional love' but I can certainly tell you what it looked like>>My Mother's face. This expression regarding man's greatest gift does not minimize the profound-anchored loving impact of my Father in my life's journey. He was a giant, my role model and my idol.

Perhaps many who may read my words this day, as I no longer have both parents sharing this earthly journey. As this Christmas season approaches, I hope that those who remain richly blessed with parent-child sharing will embrace the time with passion and gusto. For those of us who represent the older generation, I pray that we may be a blessing to our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and may we be sustained and lifted in spirit with precious memories.
(Touch)Man's Greatest Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment