Friday, September 14, 2018

More of This and Less of That!

Random thoughts 'more or less'....

I'll just bet you readers are like me; some things you could take MORE of and there are other things of which you could take LESS.  For the example: I'd like to have that 'sticky' fly-paper we once hung from the ceiling that attracted bugs. The flies would get stuck on the paper. Even though they suffered a slow agonizing demise, I did not have to hear that annoying 'zapping' sound from those modern electric bug zappers.

I'd rather have newspaper photos of the aftermath damages of a hurricane and a tornado rather than watch some television news-reporter standing in hip-high water while a 100mph storm surging rainy wind challenges their ability to hold a microphone with one hand and a traffic sign with the other hand. The wind causes distorted facial structure and the eyebrows are pushed back to the ear lobes while broken detached metal signs fly by the face. From what I can hear, I believe they're telling me the conditions are dangerous.

I like my modern automobile navigation system that can take me from one end of the country to the other with little concern that my pitiful sense of directions will come into play compromising my travel enjoyment. However, I'd like that auto to have whitewall tires and fender-skirts...'cool ride.' I'd like to see soda cans and plastic bottles go away and see the return of pop bottles, which held a return -deposit value.

Today, I must endure 10-minutes of television commercials during a thirty minute show and 36% of  commercial time during an hour T.V. Show. All these cable channels are costing me too much. I wish I had the option of three channels with fewer commercials on a television 'set' sporting an antenna at the cost of electricity. More is NOT better but it is More costly.





No comments:

Post a Comment