Saturday, September 8, 2018

This One Has Some Leg Life

Please, may I preface today's comments by acknowledging that I personally view each new day as a huge blessing. That said, yesterday (Friday) was a blessing but not without a significant faux pas; a couple of embarrassing acts that my wife witnessed, which are sure to come back as reminders at my expense. How do I know this? When the shoe is on the other foot, I get great mileage at her expense.

First, I had a breakfast speaking engagement that I thought was scheduled for 7:00AM. I arrived at 6:50AM and was told by the Decatur Club doorman that the breakfast meeting was slated for 7:30AM. Later that morning, I had another meeting at 11:00AM and drove across the city only to discover I had forgotten critical papers needed for the meeting. Back at the house to retrieve papers, my wife asked, "Do you know if you're coming or going, today?"

After lunch with my wife, I had to meet a clothing representative to approve apparel design and embroidery styles. These are items for the 49th Annual Decatur Thanksgiving boys basketball tournament that I coordinate for the Decatur Public School District. I could not find my reading glasses as I prepared to leave the house. I looked at my desk. I checked the kitchen area. Frustrated for fear of my meeting tardiness, I went to the garage and checked under the front seats of the auto...no luck. While I was looking in my places, my wife had been searching the upstairs. She appeared at the landing near the garage where I was reentering. She looked at me with a smirky-smile and said, you're wearing your glasses, dummy."

I really don't get upset when proven wrong or goofy, except when it's pointed out by my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment