Friday, September 7, 2018

Wish or Will?

         
I sit at this desk; I stand in that line,
I wait for the light change, I bide my time.

While waiting I imagine, I stare into space,
I dream of greatness in a far off place.

We differ you and I it would seem,
Only common in that which we dream.

Intent upon my wish, I fail to understand,
I could 'will' it to be, 'tis at my command.

Conditioned through mounting years,
I tend to wish and hide behind my fears.

Can I negotiate life's hurdles and reach my dreams,
Determined and confident my 'will' be my theme.

Before my hourglass be emptied and time no more a frill,
I must put aside my 'wish' and make the dream my 'will.'

                                                               'MoJa'
                                                                   '04


No comments:

Post a Comment