Monday, September 17, 2018

Sorry Folks!

When I was an adolescent, I found myself always trying to please my parents. I don't recall my parents worrying about pleasing ME. My parents were never unkind to me but in fact gave strong indications that they loved me...but I never sensed they worshiped me nor did I sense they felt extreme responsibility for my daily joy and happiness.

In many ways, I think my adult children are better parents than was I but that said, I see every indication that my two daughters and daughter in-law really bust their tails trying to bring joy and happiness to my fifteen grandkids at every turn. Case in point>>My eldest daughter, Dawn and her husband Shawn have seven children. At one time or another all seven kids have been to Disney World (Orlando, FL.) some obviously more than once. How do I know this? My daughter confirmed that she has been to a Disney World 22-times.

That family of seven live perhaps six miles from one of the largest pumpkin farms in the Midwest...Goebbert's Farm & Garden Center, South Barrington, Illinois. Aside from the zillions of various size pumpkin displays, there is a petty zoo, Camel tides, Giraffes, endless mazes and spook houses. Plus more than a couple of eateries. I will never ask 'how many' visits that family has made to Goebbert's over the past 28-years.

The oldest oldest granddaughter in that family just gave birth to our third grandchild 'Ryelan Scott Mitchell.'  The baby is four weeks old and obviously needed to make his in inaugural Pumpkin Farm visit. Last Friday, my daughter, Ryelan's grandmother, GiGi made plans for the momentous maiden mission. She even took her seven year old daughter out of school so the young auntie could witness the spectacular event.

The SUV carload arrived early and surprisingly got a parking spot 'up front.' As the granny, mother, newborn and second-grader bounded from the vehicle and ran toward the entrance...they stopped suddenly in their tracks at a barricade holding a notice bulletin: Goebbert's Pumpkin Farm season begins tomorrow, Saturday, September 15, 2018.
(Touch)
Sorry Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment