Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Shallow Time Can Occur in the Morning.

While in the nearby coffee shop sipping on my beverage and reading the morning newspaper, I was subjected to louder than usual chit-chat from two gentlemen of my generation wearing not very good hearing aids. Their range of topics was a extensive and the their problem solving abilities unprecedented.

I discovered the following: Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh is a victim of "Those crazy women caught up in that damn 'me too movement' just looking for a moment of fame."  "People outta
Just let Trump alone to do his job." "These damn tariffs are killing farmers." " All those damn black football players kneeling when the National Anthem is played need to have a real job." (Note: I worked in factories and in education all my life and never was I required to stand for the  playing of the National Anthem at the start of the work day).

One fella had to weigh-in on Tiger Woods: "I see where that Tiger Woods finally won a golf tournament. He'll probably start chasing a bunch of white gals and fade again." And this comment, "I don't know why the schools shortened the school day a few weeks when the weather was hot. Don't all them buildings  have air conditioning?" "While Hell, back in the day we never called off school for any kinda weather."

One gent had to leave because some fella Bow Hunting deer on his farm property got hurt and the wife said he'd better get on hone. After leaving the remaining fella looked my way and spoke, "Are you retire?" I stood up quickly and answered, "Yes, but I gotta hit the road, I'm late for an appointment with my psychiatrist, better go." I don't know why I said that but I did!

And the Beat Goes On!

No comments:

Post a Comment