Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Last Sunday, the preacher asked the question: "If you could only pray a prayer of Thanksgiving for ONE thing, what would THAT be?" Of course, it is an unfair question! In fact, many times my prayers become somewhat lengthy because I tend to 'itemize' my many blessings.
As I sat there in the pew (I got to church late and all the good chairs in the back were taken), I decided to play the preacher's game; it was a quick and easy answer that came to mind...if on this Thanksgiving day, I could thank my God but for one thing, I would thank Him for sending His Son to pave the way to eternal life.
I cannot close this rant with listing only one Thanksgiving prayer so let me finish saying, I never let a prayer moment pass that I don't thank The Lord for the health and safety granted my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Stop and think; we all want so very much for our off-springs and yet WE cannot provide the most coveted gifts for our love ones.

May your day be filled with thankful thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment