Friday, November 14, 2014

To 'ban' or not to 'ban;' and the American answer is 'BAN!' We ban smoking in public places, we ban 'gay' marriage in many states and right here in Decatur,  Illinois, we ban loud music in public.  Garden City, New York bans washing your car in your driveway. Nine Orange County cities ban sleeping in your car. Some cities even have a ban on homeless people in public places; I suppose it is too depressing for 'them-that-got.' Of course the one ban that chaps my ass is the 'leaf burning ban.' It not only burns my butt, it is breaking my back!

We Americans get our jollies off and enjoy telling our neighbors how they should 'roll.'
Banning is nothing new to me. I recall as a young boy in 1947, (East St. Louis) when 'Negroes' could come into 'white' neighborhoods to clean houses but could not be 'in those neighborhoods' after 6PM; they were banned!
I am going to get some folks to unite and call for a ban on mattress sales on Veterans' Day, parents from little league sports and stupid people ahead of me in all lines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment