Thursday, November 20, 2014

On-Road-Again!

Another milestone passed! I remember that magical age '16' when I took that written & behind the wheel driving test to get my first-ever driver's license; glorious day! Then there was that age '18' and I headed to the post office to register for the military draft. (That was back-the-day when the wealthy & the poor fought for America's freedoms). Three (3) years later at '21', I could belly up to the bar and have a brew...never was one to sit at the bar too often.
We'll at age 75, it appears that I am starting over again. Yesterday morning, I went to the driver's license facility to take a written test, eye test and behind-the-wheel test. This time around, the thought occurred that if I fail any one of the three test, I will be stuck at home watching Big Bang Theory re-runs 24/7! I stopped watching CNN sometime ago; one night I kept seeing Wolf Blitzer's face every time I closed my eyes.
Well, I handled all test. I did miss one of the 29 written test items; it had some scenario about my auto arriving at an intersection at the exact moment a boy on a bike at my right arrives at the intersection.
I am good for another four years. I will then be seventy-nine.
Post Thought: I think at seventy-five, I should be required to go directly into the military. Actually, I think the UN should have all nations send seventy-plus-year old fellas to war. There would be fewer casualties due to poor eye and bad shooting. If you did shoot some old fart you would be eliminating health care cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment