Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Just 'Go & Get'

If you have ever eaten at McGuires' Irish Pub, in Pensacola or Destin (Florida), you've discovered two things: (1) the food is terrific and (2) the restrooms are purposefully 'miss-labeled.'
On the food side, I like the famous 'Senate Bean Soup' and Rueben sandwich. Regarding restrooms, it's not unusual to see folks walking into the incorrect gender bathroom because those facilities are intentionally miss-marked for a 'joke.'

It's no joke that many states across the country are up in arms with the possibility that transgenders are finding guys in 'drag' entering the women's potty and gals with 'butch-cuts' are going into the urinal room. I suppose many 'uptight' Americans would have those folks join the Bears in the woods.

Forgive me for not joining this goofy-hysteria. After many years of using public restrooms, I am positive that I have often times been in the presence of gays, transgenders, straights and undeterminds. On occasion some of those folks struck me as real weird-asses, especially the one waving under the nearby stall. None of that has ever concerned me. When I gotta 'go,' I gotta 'GO!' I have always feared 'messing my britches' ever since I was a child and my mother warned me to be in 'clean' under wear in case I was in an accident and she had to visit me at the hospital.

Let's accept the notion that all kinds of people are everywhere...we need to chill out. It is well documented that stress can cause us all sorts of physical maladies, i.e. Constipation and the 'holler-in' skitters.' We already have enough worries without this 'who's in the restroom with Dinah.'

No comments:

Post a Comment