Thursday, April 21, 2016

Subtle as a Punch in the Nose

I've never been sure what the gall bladder does but I am sure mine is layin' down on the job. After a three hour ER visit and some tests, the Doctor said you've got gallstones, lots of them. Apparently, they are fighting for space, lookin' for a home somewhat like the Bollweevil. The good Doctor suggested that surgery might be my best option.

Yesterday morning, I was googling general surgeons in the Decatur area. I came across the name of one fella and yelled at my wife who was in another room that a local general surgeon had a rating of 4-out of-5. She said, "So?" I said, "So, I'd like one with a 5-for-5 rating." My wife yelled back,
 "Ya, and So why didn't YOU win all the games you coached?" Speechless, in my Rodney Dangerfield moment, I thought about how little respect I have received from my family members over the years. I recall several years ago, I had an auto license plate that read: "COACH 16."
When my brother, Tom saw the plate he commented,"I know what the 16 means but what the hell does COACH mean?

This explains the #1 reason why I have a dog. In fact, I'm headed to the backyard swing with a cup of coffee and Yodie right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment