Thursday, June 2, 2016

Acts of a Commissioned Love

I have a 26-year old granddaughter who teaches fourth grade, attends night school seeking her Master's Degree and is planning for her September wedding day. Most folks would think that this young girl has much on her plate. Well, add another commitment. A few years ago, she took the time and made the effort to have her Shih Tzu/Bichon pup, Baylee trained as a Therapy Dog. I guess in the girl's 'free time' she takes Baylee to visit the hospitals and nursing homes.

Granddaughter, Lindsay telephoned yesterday (she calls her grandparents at least four times a week) to share a recent hospital visit with Therapy pup, Baylee. Lindsay approached the hospital room of an elderly lady and spoke as she stood near the door. "Excuse me, can my puppy and I come in to visit?" The senior lady answered, "I don't understand what you're saying." The patient's  tone sent a signal to Lindsay that the senior woman was likely not interested but still Lindsay edged forward leading with the puppy as she placed the pup on the woman's bed. The old woman's feeble-shaking crooked fingers began stroking the dog's luscious coat. The woman's wrinkled faced cracked a warm smile and she spoke only these words, "I can now leave this world."

It is said that the old and sick much like the poor are always nearby giving unlimited opportunities to those who claim to be Christian.

P.S.
You should understand that each day I give thanks to God for His wonderful blessings upon our 15 grandkids and two great grandchildren. As I close that prayer each day, I always ask Christ to lead those children to serve others in His name. Excuse while I kneel to give thanks for answered prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment