Friday, June 17, 2016

True Love Requires Action

There is much simpleton thinking about us. I know this because I peruse the Facebook internet postings. On any given day I notice many serious issues are reduced to rather mundane reasoning and conclusions. I also note that my 'own' value and thinking can be summarized in responses to directives such as: typing 'Amen' if I love Christ, forwarding a message if I have a terrific son or hit 'like' if I don't like The Black Lives Matter movement or if I support military vets over Bruce Jenner's right to wear a dress.

Then there is the occasional internet post reminding readers: 'America-Love It or Leave It.' This philosophy negates any person's passion to call out people and issues, which tarnishes our (my) Country. The thinking suggests what might be a current parenting problem...'my kid is just fine the way he is,' when, in fact, the child has extensive behavior issues.  If a parent truly 'loves' the child the parent becomes proactive to change or modify the unacceptable behavior. If one loves ones country one should seek ways to improve circumstances within that country.

I'm sorry but...our MLB home run king (Bonds) used performance enhancing drugs as did Lance Armstrong. Bernie Madoff was a Ponzi scam artist. Pharmaceutical CEO, Martin Shkreli increased a cancer drug from $13.50-to-$750.00 per pill. Street thugs are attacking our law enforcement people while some police are profiling and ruthlessly killing minorities. Crazies, who were once locked up in institutions, are free on streets finding easily accessible guns and killing school children. Don't tell me to 'Love America or Leave It,' you should be crying for Americans to come to their Country's aid by addressing these unacceptable conditions. Until this happens, please don't ask me to 'click' like on mindless junk.

Before I spent nearly forty years in professional education, I spent twenty years digesting my own education. When I heard the political empty-stupid slogan, "No Child Left Behind," I knew very well that was bogus gobbledygook. I anticipated the 'dumping' on public school teachers by politicians wishing to explain away failures of parenting and therefore suck-up to voters. Donald Trump saying, "Make America Great Again, is nothing more than a 'political sound-bite.'

PS...You do not have to 'like' and you will not have thirty days of bad luck if you don't forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment