Thursday, June 30, 2016

Aging and New Friends

Today is the last day of June 2016, a month of tremendous social engagement for yours truly. I visited with my urologist, gastroenterologist, dermatologists, podiatrist, dentist, audiologist, general surgeon (gall bladder) and two lab technicians.

 If that's not enough medical-health dances, my wife and I met with other lay-people and medical personnel serving on a Springfield Clinic patients' advisory board. This old  'kisser' of mine pops up so often at that Clinic the folks from nurses, receptionists to valet parking personnel greet me on a first name basis.

Yesterday, I met with yet a new medical facilitator. 'Jill' is my new wellness-coordinator. I perceive Jill as my medical-records-confidant who gives me a 'hoorah' or wags her finger telling this old fart that I should see-Doctor So & So. Jill is my medical-DNA traffic cop. She joins eight (8) others on my medical team dance card. If I didn't have these medical appointments, my social outings would be reduced to granddaughters' dance recitals, hospital visitations with friends or funerals of used-to-be-friends.

Listen, I'm not complaining. These aforementioned medical folks are God sends. We live in the best of times regarding health care attention. I thank God every night for doctors and medical folks and pray HIS blessings upon them. That said, I'm still practical. I do 99% the grocery shopping for my wife and I. A few years ago, I stopped buying in bulk. You see, I wish for things to come out even, like bread & gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment