Friday, October 21, 2016

Chasing 'Cool'

I accept my feeble mental capacity when it comes to today's modern electronic gadgetry. About the time I overcome fears of engagement with some new mind-twisting devise the darn thing is outdated and I then face another frustration not to mention the frustration I cause the 'Geek Squad' at Best Buy.

Once I was the 'cool' teen in 1952, listening to the latest Pop Hits on my LP albums and the newest 45 vinyl, which were spinning on my turn table. It wasn't good enough. Some genius had to invent the 8-track (in auto) player. Just about the time I had a good compliment of 8-track 'hits' here comes the cassette tape player and I started all over with music purchases in an effort to be 'cool.'

I have stopped with the CD collection thing! At seventy-seven, I am 'cool' enough. I purchased two electronic contraptions that permits me to record (burn) all my vinyl stuff (45's & LP's) and cassettes onto CD's. Not only do I have all my music in one format, I am constantly recording my music collection on CD's for grandkids and friends. In fact, I just recently had a 22 year grandson ask me to record all of Sam Cooke's greatest hits...there appears to be hope for that generation.

I believe this afternoon, I will record a composite CD of Smiley Lewis, John Lee Hooker and 'Muddy' Waters vibes. When finished with that, I going to 'burn' another CD of Chuck Berry's Greatest Hits...okay, Nadine?... Now, there's some 'cool' stuff.

Next time, I'll reach back to the early fifties and do a composite of Doris Day, Patti Paige and Kay Starr. Oh, Oh, I promised a friend to get him some Andrew Sisters and Mills Brothers' stuff...'cool' just keeps following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment