Saturday, October 15, 2016

To Be Continued

I like fall weather up until the time the leaves really begin giving way. Actually, the temperatures are perfect at this time of year as the humidity and mosquitoes are less problematic. The fall season always brings about my same contemplations for me; my annual thinking delimma: Should I get another puppy or build a backyard fence. Hey, you have your quirks and I have mine!

I wonder if my seven year old Toy Poodle, Yodie would benefit from a younger companion. Youth around us appears to do good things emotionally and physically...it's tempting. I then think of the downside of adding a young pup to the household. I like the idea of 'leaving' money and material things to my kids but I ain't all that keen on leaving a pup behind. I always wanted me and my dog to end like gravy-bread...both gone at the same time.  I'll think about it this winter.

Then there's the consideration of a backyard fence wish. I like the thought of a fence giving a backdrop to my wife's beautiful flower gardens. On the downside, I will not be able to see the school children having fun playing at the school next door And I worry that a fence may interfere with some of those wonderful gentle breezes coming across my swing-time moments. But then again, I could unabashedly 'scratch' myself if there was a fence. I'll think about 'doing' that next spring........ Building the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment