Monday, October 17, 2016

Frustrating

When I was younger and in that daily work-place grind, I always had 'lists,' which I referred to constantly. I had lists for today, lists for tomorrow, lists for the month and even a notation of things for which I should begin to make lists. I don't do list any longer; no need. I do have appointments but I keep those in a monthly planner book and on a 2'x2' Dry Erase Board, which my wife and I pass by forty times a day. If I was text savvy and responsible, I'd get one of those 'Blackberry' devices and keep all that stuff in the 'Blackberry.' I misplace my phone too often to risk that approach.

Actually, I note that most of our Dry Erase board dates simply 'list' a doctor's name, time and part of body to be examined. If it was not for doctor appointments my wife and I would have no social life. Other frequently filled Dry Erase calendar dates are birthday notations of family and friends.

I noticed at the beginning of October when I filled in the Dry  Erase board calendar that there is a date, October 22 that states "Party 4pm to 7pm." I have no recall about this "Party." I don't know who is giving it, where it is to take place or any other details. My wife cannot find any invitation. We are in a dither! My wife is going through her personal telephone book and calling folks, as the Party date approaches. She is just hoping somebody will say, "Hey, are you coming to the party?" She's on the letter 'L' as I write. I'm thinking about taking an ad out in the local newspaper that reads, "Would the person who invited The Roustios to their October 22nd party please call us?" I imagine I should request that ad to run on the obituary page to enhance the likelihood of our friends seeing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment