Monday, April 16, 2018

A 'Poopy' Start To The Day

Yodie is my morning alarm clock. The Toy Poodle usually wakes at the foot of our bed around 6 o'clock. He begins a stretching routine then comes to me to snuggle briefly before bounding to the floor only to glance back as if to say, "Let's go Fella, nature's calling." This past Saturday morning, I let my friend out and sat down in the family to wait for the pup's return, bark and my next job, which is to feed him. I am well trained.

While waiting, I turned on the T.V.  At six o'clock every Saturday, one can watch five-non-stop hours of 'The Rifleman' or any number of paid advertising programs or T.V. Preachers with all kinds of scams to get your money. On the latter issue, I particularly like the preacher fella who has the same scriptures every Saturday about 'sowing your seeds of faith' and how those seeds will return a hundred fold to you. Meanwhile, he wants you to send your $1,000.00 seed cash to him.

Another T.V. program had a fella selling one of those 'colon cleansing' products. His opening question to the audience was "What is your 'poop' saying to you?' This is exactly why I don't linger in restrooms for fear I'll hear voices. Several years ago, a friend of mine was vacationing in New Mexico and told me one late evening in a local bar, he was standing at a men's urinal and a female voice coming from the base of the urinal spoke: "Hi, big boy. Have you had a little too much to drink? Management will call a cab if you ask.". New Mexico was attempting to discourage intoxicated driving but obviously not heart-attacks.

Must leave it there, Yodie wants in...gotta fix his food.
(Touch)
Talkin to YOU Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment