Monday, April 2, 2018

I Believe

This past Good Friday, my blog regarding my personal perceived blessings of salvation through the blood of Christ shed on Calvary's Cross was met with a myriad of interesting responses. Some of those comments touched off challenges between 'believers' and 'non-believers.' I have never entered those debates with the notion I am right in 'believing' and others are wrong in 'not believing.' The reader should not conclude that I fail to care about my non-believing brothers and sisters because if that was the case, I'd stop praying for them. Actually, if I was not a proud liberal-Democrat, I might very well be a libertarian embracing the doctrine of 'free will.'

The last time I checked figures regarding 'the believing numbers,' Christianity was still the largest religion in the world with approximately 2,200,000,000 followers, which is nearly 1,000,000,000 more than the #2 religion, Islam. This means that over two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ with twelve followers began the largest movement ever known to mankind. WOW! How about that 'fake news' sustaining, eh?

I not only have the conviction and faith in this movement, I have even used it as blueprint in my personal work-ethic approach. Frequently when committed to a project and having little backing or support, I dug my heels in and reminded myself, 'one does not need large numbers to accomplish great things; one needs conviction and passion.' In my journey, I discovered 'gotta wanna' and to punch your ticket for the next journey, 'you gotta BELIEVE.'

I Believe! Have a great week.
(Touch)
I Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment