Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Evil Must Be Confronted

Unapologetically, I post this opinion and perspective. I become disgusted with the 'who's on first, what's on second' gibberish-jabber rolling off the lips of Trump's surrogates attempting to defend the guy every time he speaks one of his 'coded' racially charged comments to embolden some of his base supporters. Again now, pay attention: I Do Not believe everybody who voted for Trump is a racists but I Do believe that a large portion of his base is in the philosophical camp with 'white supremacists' and KKK thinking and attitudes.

Trump's most recent bigoted comment was directed at Latinos protected in California sanctuary cities. Trump stated that those cities were "breeding grounds." Since making that bigoted statement the White House has sent one surrogate 'spin doctor' after another to the major media outlets with all kinds of bogus comments and logic trying to explain away the obvious...Trump is a bigot and he knows that he is in office because a lot of angry white guys put him there and periodically he wishes to send them code messages.

I grew up in the city and worked in its factories. I lived in the all white neighborhoods where minorities were only welcome to do domestic work and had to be 'out of the area' by sundown. I heard the words 'nigger,' 'spic,' 'chink,' 'wop' and 'polak.' I heard the perpetuated myths about Jews, Blacks, Mexicans and Puerto Rican's spoken daily by some friends and family. I knew it was wrong back then and I know it to be wrong today. I will call out those who defend this bigoted President!

As a young college student, I recall the excitement of new found sociological knowledge, which seemed to coincide with my religious teachings and making the connection of the teachings of Christ and the embracing of brotherhood. When sharing that new perspective with family, I was rebuked by several memhers who said I was being brainwashed by those liberal college professors.' That prejudice attitude has lost much power over the years but still lingers in the white majority. If a reader wishes to debate that..Bring it on.

This day I humble myself as a sinner who follows the teachings of Jesus-Christ who died for my redemption, however I do not claim to be an 'evangelical.' I find a plethora of today's Evangelicals to be complicit in this never-ending problem of racial strife. It has been said, 'For evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men do nothing.'
(Touch)
Sounds of Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment