Monday, April 30, 2018

Need to Walk on The Sunnyside

Many years ago, I scribbled the words down on a piece of paper and put the paper in my wallet. I have no idea the author's name deserving credit. For a long time, I read the words daily and then over time, I passed them on to my children and grandchildren in letters. At some point, I tucked the note away in a file folder, which I came across recently.

The message offers what I believe 'good food for thought.' I share with you this morning:

                                                      AN ATTITUDE TOWARDS LIFE
 1). Know that only two questions must be answered:
                        Who am I?
                        What is my purpose?
 2). Discover your passion and talents; seek then application.
 3)  Be grateful for challenges and difficulties; they provide opportunity.
 4). Be grateful for those who provided a blueprint or cleared a path.
 5). Respect those who oppose, they will do much to forge your resolve.
 6). Be humble in your successes; be educated in your failures.
 7). Offer appreciation to those who support your effort.
 8). Show deep and real compassion for those who struggle.
 9). Know and accept that not all will join your cause.
10). Avoid cursing the journey for it ends much too soon.

Perhaps if we embraced this 'attitude,' we would find greater contentment; for it is obvious that our nation of people, blessed with so much struggles so greatly as we seek happiness.
(Touch)


               Sunnyside of the Street

No comments:

Post a Comment