Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Ah, That Great Food Delicacy

I would guess that I am doing what hundreds of thousands of Americans are doing today; I'm making 'bean soup.' I'm sorry, I get ahead of myself. First, I should tell you that for the past six years, I likely do 70% of our dinner preparation-cooking. It's only fair for me to that.  For thirty-nine years, my wife sat in gymnasiums where I was coaching and often times just a couple of rows behind my bench. From that perspective, she would on occasion yell out coaching advise to me. I am simply paying back that debt by nudging her from the kitchen and doing 'that' thing. I will tell you that my personal cookbook is now thicker than my basketball playbook. back to my bean soup. I know what my basketball fan-adversaries are thinking...bite your tongue, you 'Drugstore Cowboys!' Back to the 'beans.'

I follow the 'Senator Bean Soup' recipe. That Bean Soup first appeared on the United States Senate's luncheon menu back in the early 1940's at a Bowl cost of .15 cents. It's closer to $5.00 today and the bowl is smaller...there should be a special counsel appointed to investigate this Senate Bean Soup cost scandal.

 My navy beans, ham, celery, potatoes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper will undoubtedly challenge my digestive system for a day or two after consumption but it will be worth the restroom visits. Actually, The Bean Soup is not the best part of this experience...nope! It's the next evening when I take cold beans from the fridge and spread them on two slices of bread...Oh, BUDDY. I do this late at night with the lights off and listening to the music recording of 'Bread &'Butter,' by The Newsbeats.
(Touch)
Bread & Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment