Wednesday, September 6, 2017

O'Charley's, Oh, My Goodness!

The City of Decatur has many fine restaurants. Some eateries are privately owned and many are of course, franchised associated. O'Charley's is one franchise restaurant, which my wife and I frequent and always to our pleasure...not so the past Labor Day Monday.

Our son, Steve, daughter--in law, Kathy and granddaughter, Shannon made the trek from the Metro -East area to spend Labor Day with the old folks. Always nice to have our kids join us for a day. The day before daughter Pam and her husband, Tim brought granddaughter, Erica for the day long visit. Middle daughter, Dawn often makes the longest journey from Barrington but this past weekend she discovered an Apple Orchard 'Theme Park' similar to the South Barrington Pumpkin Theme Park Farm. I'm sure Dawn will be busy this fall building a 'photo portfolio' of little girls feeding apples to goats.

Anyway, back to this recent Labor Day eating experience. We arrived at O'Charley's at noon. There was already a pretty good house in the establishment. Nevertheless, we were seated and served our drinks in a timely fashion. We then placed our respective orders. My wife and I ordered the excellent French Dip sandwich. About twenty minutes passed and our waitress approached our table carrying a large service tray full of food. She paused and looked at each one seated at our table and then glanced at the food on her tray. It was the food-order for customers two tables East. Another 15-minutes  passed and my wife flagged down our waitress serving another table, which arrived some 15-minutes after us. She asked the waitress what was causing the food delay. The waitress said, "We are out of French bread and the manager is going to Sam's Club to purchase the bread." My wife suggested to the seemingly agreeable server that she should bring food to those whose order is ready. I kid you not another 12-minutes elapsed and still no food. Do the math> we have been waiting over an hour. We decided to leave due to travel issues as well as simply being hungry. On our way out of the restaurant, my son explained to the assistant manger the reason for our departure as he paid for drinks we consumed. As I opened the door for my wife to exit the manager was entering the other door carrying loaves of French Bread...Something to be said for Labor Day Picnics.

I did enjoy butter on one of O'Charley's 'hot rolls.' Can't resist because...
(Touch)
I Like Bread & Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment