Friday, September 29, 2017

School Day's Fashions

It's been a long spell since I've been in a high school hallway with students passing to their next hour's class. I found that once familiar moment just last week when visiting a nearby secondary school. The bustling about and endless chatter struck a chord but appearances regarding fashion apparel had a much different look. Okay, I did notice some similarities from yesteryear noting many girls sporting 'ponytails,' but it ended there. The boys today share that commonality of 'acne' of days gone by.

Bluejeans still rule the bottoms but now they are torn and faded. Some of the boys could use bigger butts because those jeans are baggin' big-time. Girls and boys seem to prefer some kind of runners' shoe or tennis shoes and from what I understand those shoes are the most expensive piece of attire. I did not see one girl wearing penny loafers nor one boy wearing white or brown 'buck shoes.'

Socks must be optional these days and skirts apparently are prohibited by current folkways. I always thought a young girl looked extra 'cute' wearing Bobby socks under black and white saddle shoes beneath a Poodle skirt and a blouse with baby-doll sleeves. (Note: Even if I can't remember how to 'conjucate' verbs, I did pay close attention to 'some things.'
(Touch)
Pink Shoe Laces

No comments:

Post a Comment