Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Priorities, Please.

Throughout my life, I have always been emotionally touched by the sight of our American flag and listening to our National Anthem. I recall standing with high school and college teammates and always saying the 'same' prayer while the Anthem was played or sung. I'd thank God for allowing me the health and ability to participate. I prayed that he would bless in a special way those who could not participate. Finally, I thanked God for family.

During a 39-year coaching career, I said an 'open prayer' before my teams in the locker room before taking the floor. I thanked God for the players health and asked that all participants would be safe from injury. I never asked for victory. I once again prayed for those who could not participate.

I did not serve in the armed services. My father did and I was ołd enough to recall those anxious times. I deeply respect and give gratitude to all veterans and current military who have served this country. That said, I understand that many families lost love ones while serving. Those men and women who gave the supreme sacrifice did so to ensure people like me the opportunity to show respect to the flag and national anthem and...those same sacrifices preserved the rights of protesters to disrespect that flag and anthem...This is called 'Freedom.'

 This guy (President Trump) thinks he has 'rights' to "grab a woman's vagina?" This is a shallow little-man who publicly degrades peoples' physical looks? Hey, Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson and other evangelical leaders, your silence is deafening! Our President is a bonafide bigot. Remember the  'birther conspiracy?' Recall Trump characterizing 'all' Mexicans as thugs? Remember attacking the Hispanic judge? Recall Trump offering to pay lawyer fees if his supporters attacked protesters? In   spite of a greater number of home-grown terrorist, Trump imposes travel bans on Muslim nations.

Finally, we have this backdrop comparison: President Trump calls some neo-Nazi protesting in Charlottesville "fine people" and then calls American Black & White athletes protesting before NFL games, "sons-of-bitches." Neo-Nazi's fine? American football players "sons-of-bitches? This man continues day-after-day to embrace Putin, white Nationalist and neo-Nazis over our very own citizens. He has become an embarrassment to our Nation.

Millions of Americans have been devastated by recent natural disasters, our nation appears to be on the brink of nuclear war and tonight, in this great nation, 1-in-5 children will go to bed hungry...and our President wishes to pick a fight with sports teams.
(Touch)
Hit The Road

No comments:

Post a Comment