Monday, September 25, 2017

Some Talk Too Much

A very nice family consisting of five children lives two doors from us. The father is a musical director at a local Baptist church while the mother is a stay at home caretaker and homeschooling provider. The three teen children do some work for the Roustio's. The young girl does some house chores and the two teen boys assist with yard work...thank God for willing teen workers in the neighborhood.

Gerry and I enjoy these very respectful kids and always get a belly-laugh when the little three-year old brother visits. Just the other day the little ball of fire told us, "I said poop yesterday but I told my mommy that I didn't mean it in my heart." Now, that's pretty fast thinking coming from a child! The episode reminded me of the 'lusting in my heart' comment made by then Presidential candidate, Jimmy Carter back in 1976. Carter caught all kinds of crap from both Democrats and Republicans when he told an interviewer that he was sometimes guilty of  "lusting in his heart." One person said he was happy Carter wasn't teaching Sunday School to his grandkids and another said, "A man who talks like that can never be President." Oh, Really? We found out that 'locker room talk' is not meant in the heart.

Finally, I believe most would agree that the fella in North Korea and our own guy here in the States should shut up or 'Throw Down!' They both have too much mouth...
(Touch)
Talk Too Much

No comments:

Post a Comment