Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sticks & Stones

I have been writing this daily blog for several years. Over that time period, I have had well over one-hundred thousand page viewers. Most people react while some comment. Frequently, people ask me if I am troubled with negative comments or criticisms from readers. The simple answer is 'no.' I can elaborate on that answer...'never bothers me.'

Come now. I spent a lifetime putting myself on display in arenas that beg critique. I played basketball and pitched baseball in highly competitive situations. I coached high school male students in basketball, baseball, football and cross country for thirty-nine years. Except for cross country, the other sports requires the mentor to 'make out' the line up and decide playing time for thousands of parents' children, each of whom thought their kid should always be playing. I've heard the 'cat-calls' heckling and nasty remarks. I've had a couple of parents get on missions from hell trying to 'get me fired.' I've had death threats. (Note: You may think I am exaggerating but as God is my witness, I speak truth).

I have presented lectures to school administrators, coaches, parents and athletes hundreds of times throughout this state and in several other states. Each time, I risked rebuke and criticism.

My aforementioned comments are NOT intended to be self-serving or pity seeking. It is my attempt to answer the question: "Are you bothered by critical comments about a simple opinion blog post?" PLEASE!

This explanation regarding negative comments and criticisms should give a strong hint as to why I have had DOGS my entire life.
(Touch)
Sticks & Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment