Monday, October 30, 2017

Do Life Big!

As an adolescent, I recall on rare occasions my mother taking me to see a doctor. The reason was usually a sore throat or attention to some injury. Before those years, I vividly remember the family doctor making a house call if asked. During my teenage years, I needed that annual sports' physical examination and as for seeing a doctor other wise that was infrequent. I've been blessed throughout life and especially those young adult years; seldom did I need a doctor's appointment.

Today, I have a frequent patient-doctor professional interaction that I'm beginning to embrace as 'social time' with my family physician, a gastroenterologist, a dentist, a dermatologist, ophthalmologist and a podiatrist. This doctors' visit frequency speaks to the reality of body parts wearing out or becoming vulnerable...its called aging.

We all know that young teens look at life as their oyster and perceive personal engagement as unending. When the doctor patient interaction intensifies, we are forced to consider an end game. And this mind-altering game is why I blog this day. I must periodically remind myself of these words  attributed to the philosopher, Horace Kellan:
                                                There are those who guide their lives by the fear of death.
                                                There are those who guide their lives by the joy of life.
                                                The former live dying; the latter die living.
                                                When I die, I intend to die living.

I'd like to share more this morning but I must shave and shower. I have an early morning doctor's appointment. Enjoy!
(Touch)Do Life Big

No comments:

Post a Comment