Saturday, October 21, 2017

I Know What I Think...Gobbledygook!

Okay, one more run at this NFL and National Anthem flap regarding players kneeling during its playing as a form of protest over the perception of excessive police force used on minorities. I suspect the matter would still be 'sputtering' with but one person a target of blame, Colin Kaepernick had President Trump not weighed in. But he did and as often the case when Trump speaks, more shit hits the fan and stirs the emotions of his angry base.

Perhaps you (the reader) know every word to our country's anthem but I doubt that Trump does and I'll venture a guess that less than ten percent of the Sunday morning NFL tailgaters could recite the words. Beyond that, those tailgaters don't give-a-crap. If the brats and ribs are done and the beer's cold, life is GOOD...oh, and the Black guy on my team catches a few TD's after kneeling.

That said, I ask you: What percent of the American population over the age of 18 do you believe could complete the Star Spangled Banner's first stanza? 10%.....30%.....50%
Whereas The Star Spangled Banner often gives me goosebumps, personally, I would rather stand for and sing, 'America, the Beautiful.'
(Touch)
Sing OUR Song, Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment