Saturday, October 7, 2017

He's not stupid.

Permit me to connect some dots. Let me first state that I did not serve in the military. I was old enough to angst with my mother during my father's deployment during WWII, I have a never ending respect and appreciation for our troops.

I remember my mother and father first breaking with their Democrat political views when voting for their first Repunlican Presidential candidate, General Dwight D. Eisenhower. Their reasoning was simple: They both believed a military man, knowing the horrors of war, would be slow to enter a nation into said war.

Our current President, Donald Trump has surrounded himself with a most capable field of military advisers yet chastises his Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson for "wasting his time attempting to negotiate with our adversaries." Along with constant middle school name-calling rhetoric with North Korea's leader, Trump antagonizes other adversaries (Iran) and creates unstable and anxious relations with allies with nebulous and disconcerting comments, i.e. "Perhaps this is the calm before the storm."

I have a grandson poised as a potential 'military call up' should the United States enter a war. As other parents and grandparents would echo, Trump's unguarded and I'll-advised comments are not cute as he seemingly suggests with his smirks and smiles. His immature antics can put young lives in great jeopardy. I don't believe I'm wrong with this perspective. Consider Republican Senator Bob Corker who is NOT a Trump hater, said this: "Secretary Tillerson, (Generals) Mattis and Kelly are the only thing keeping America from chaos." Those are not words from some mis-informed crazy (going to hell) liberal...they are words expressing my concerns from a staunch GOP conservative.

This is serious folks. This is life and death serious and we better hope there are some Dwight D.  Eisenhowers near that Oval Office. Our President is NOT a moron as reported to have been characterized by our Secretary of State.

Of course, if you listen to Trump's base supporters, 'everybody's picking on President Trump.' Nothing is his fault. It's 'fake' news. And now, Donald tells us, all must allow Donald to to give us 'verification' on any and all news reports. He's not a moron, he's a buffoon.
(Touch)
One means stupid' the other means 'clown.'

No comments:

Post a Comment