Monday, October 2, 2017

Get Well Soon, Please!

Every married man would likely admit that when the woman of the house is incapacitated things tend to slow down if not come to a screeching halt! For the last three weeks, my wife finds herself recovering and rehabilitating from a total hip replacement. Understand that is a major intrusion to the body and when that body is chugging along in its seventh decade it ain't a 'walk in the park.'

We live in a rather large house. Four bedrooms upstairs. Main floor finds living room, dinning room kitchen dinette area, family room and adjoining sun room. Downstairs reveals a very large finished room incorporating an office and lounge area. Next to that is a storage/utility area. I point this out because after a surgery, which prohibits stairs usage for three weeks guess who's going up and down stairs playing nurse, cook and laundry lady not to mention shopping duties and some outside chores...you got it....The caretaker. That would be me.

I've done about 80% of our cooking for the past five years. I love it. I've also been doing 95% of our shopping. Whereas I don't love it, I don't hate it. I've never done laundry. That sucks! Actually, I don't mind the washing aspect or throwing washed clothes into the dryer, but you can take that dadgumit clothes-folding chore and SHOVE IT! Besides, I now owe my wife a huge apology. Immediately, I discovered what a pain in the butt it is to take clothes (my clothes) from the dryer and have to turn each item 'right-side-out' before folding, sorting and putting away in drawers and closets.

The only good thing about these house-chores, which my wife did for fifty-seven years, she had nobody standing over her shoulders criticizing how she was doing her job. Unlike the basketball fan who knows damn good and well he could do better.
(Touch)
Take This Job

No comments:

Post a Comment