Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Stunned? Hardly!

Of the many things we Americans disagree about these days, surely we can agree that the higher our expectations of people the greater is the potential for disappointment. Sports fans and certainly team owners know this when huge contracts are extended to a name player who then flops! This said and
accepted, I therefore suggest we pray for the best and anticipate the worst.

In recent days the word 'stunned' has been bantered about as users attempt to express some horrifying surprise on the heels of another's action. I say 'nonsense.' Don't try to sell me YOUR disappointment. At a recent press conference, White House Chief of Staff, General John Kelly used the word 'stunned' frequently has he spoke about Congresswoman Fredrica Wilson's remarks about President Trump's condolence words to a fallen soldier's widow. Certainly, there may be wiggle room for debate on what the President said and meant, however there was no maybes about Kelly being "stunned" by Wilson remarks in a speech two years ago because Kelly misrepresented Wilson's word. In fact he told a 'fib.'

Headline news a few days ago: "Senators 'stunned' to learn America has 1,000 troops in Niger."

I was disappointed by President Clinton's behavior with a White House intern. I was disappointed with Candidate Trump's words about his desires to 'touch' women in a sexual assault manner. I am disappointed with elected officials withholding from me health insurance they have. I am disappointed a military General lying about his connections with the Russian government. I am disappointed that elected officials waste tax payers' money in private desires. My disappointment list could go on and on but I shall stop and simply say, Whereas I am disappointed, I am NOT stunned.

I hope and pray daily that our elected leaders would help our nation's people, HOWEVER I anticipate that they will not.
(Touch)
Tell The Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment