Monday, October 9, 2017

Let Well Enough Alone

This past rainy Saturday found Mel and Gerry 'hold up' watching afternoon television. Oh, don't jump to the notion that we were watching together...nope, not the case! I was downstairs in the family room watching Iowa State upset Oklahoma and Ohio State manhandle Maryland. My wife was upstairs in the master bedroom watching a continuous marathon of Hallmark Channel movies.

Between the two football games, I moseyed upstairs to check on the hip replacement recovering girl. As I entered the room she threw a 'stop' hand up toward my direction and without moving her fixed eyes from the TV, she commanded, "Don't say a word this movie's in the final scene." I moved quietly to a nearby glider chair and I kid you not by the time I sat down and reached for a magazine, the show ended and another Hallmark feature began without nary a commercial interruption. I swear the leading young lady from the previous flick was staring in this new feature.

I took a bold step and spoke. "How the hell do you remember all the different plots when so often the same characters appear over and over in Hallmark movies?" Without hesitation my wife countered,"How do you remember all those football passing plays?" She kept it up, "Besides, you can't even see the faces of the characters you're watching, they have to wear numbers."

Lessen: Aside from not kicking a sleeping dog, I don't bother a woman watching the Hallmark Movie Channel. But they ain't my kinda movies...too much syrup.
(Touch)
Now This Is My Kinda Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment