Friday, December 8, 2017

Carrying Concerns into a New Year

I offer this blog communication of random thoughts, which perhaps are of little or no concern to others, therefore shall we agree upfront these thoughts represent my brain-clutter, which needs purging?  I will likely turn the calendar to 2018 and still be troubled with the following concerns:

Concerns........
 1.  How can the same group of people who adamantly oppose abortion show little care and concern for a child five years 'out of the womb' by opposing government subsides for free lunch programs? One in five American children go to bed hungry every night. Shameful! Terribly shameful.

 2.  Bill O'Rielly, Matt Lauer, Roger Ailes, John Conyers and apparently Al Franken have either been fired or resigned from respective employment positions yet, President Trump receives a pass on his admitted propensity to assault women. Why?

 3.  Why do churches continue to enjoy tax exempt status in an age when church leaders are so politically active? I continue to struggle with some churches' concerns regarding gay rights rather than people's salvation and a relationship with God.

 4.  I always knew there was underlying angry-bigoted-prejudice in our Nation but I never imagined its extensiveness until Presidential campaigner, Donald Trump began holding political rallies. The  gloves are off as hate speech runs rampant and relationships are destroyed. Very sad.

5.  If I become inclined to play the markets in the New Year, I'm wondering if  my best bet is investing in gun manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.

 6.  I don't anticipate more people coming to understand the basic foundation and premise of a 'free nation.' Nevertheless for starters we cannot have prayer in public schools or The Ten Commandments in the public square. The reasoning is simple and solid. Our constitution guarantees equally the rights of all Religions  and even the right to be an atheist. Therefore the issue of which religious prayer becomes impossible to resolve. The lame argument that our nation was founded on Judea-Christian principles shows ignorance of our freedoms guaranteed by the laws of the country.

 7.  Finally, I wonder if this escalating animosity between America's brothers and sisters will change when the nation's population reaches that tipping point rendering more 'brown people than white people?'

Whoa Nellie! Or should I say Whoa Mel! I just need nought of something...I'll turn seventy-nine years old in 2018. I should be so blessed and fortunate to have the aforementioned concerns ONLY!
 (Touch)
Will 2018 Show Our Better Angels?

No comments:

Post a Comment