Thursday, December 21, 2017

So Many Wonderful Memories

Today is the fifth anniversary of Lucille Bennett-Roustio's passing. She was a life-time sweetheart to one man, a mother to three boys, a Mamaw to her eight grandchildren, twenty-six great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandkids. On December 21, 2012, Mother Lucille was 93-years old at her death; Yes, indeed she lived a wonderfully rich, full and blessed life.

As this Christmas Season engulfs my family with joyous sharing and expressions of love, I pause to recall those times of days gone by, which anchor today's family love. Last night, I found late evening alone-time that permitted me to close my eyes and allow visions of my past to filter through my mind. I felt my spirit lifted and my emotions warmed as a colleague of family faces, voices and laughter shook my memory. What a wonderful experience. I hope this time of year will find each of you feeling the joyous sharing of yesterday intermingling with the with the celebratory joy and merriment of today.

Perhaps many of you also miss love ones. I pray that sweet/precious memories warm your hearts.
(Touch)My Mother's Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment