Thursday, December 7, 2017

Favorite Christmas Song

A couple of days ago, my wife asked me to 'burn' two CD's for her. Note: Burning CD's does not require a fire. Nope, my wife wished for me to take two original CD recordings and 'make copies' of them on blank CD's.  I do a lot of CD 'burning' for friends and family. Why not? My goodness, I have a huge collection of music on vinyl, (both 45's and LP's) plus many CD's. I have a small electronic recording machine, which has two retractable trays: one for the original CD and the other for the blank CD. The machine can record 48-minutes of music onto a blank CD in a couple of minutes. The vinyls 'burning' onto a blank CD is different. Thre vinyl is placed on a turntable player/recorder and a blank CD is inserted into the tray. Once you place the needle on the vinyl you push a button that will record the vinyl sounds onto the blank CD. That's a bit slower process because it must be recorded in actual playing speed of the vinyl.

Okay, now that you completely bored let me tell you the rest of my wife's request. She wanted 20- CD's of Josh Groban's Christmas CD entitled 'Noel' and 10- CD's of Kenny G's CD entitled 'Faith.' That's Right a total of thirty. Here's the deal: for the second consecutive Christmas season, my wife has accepted the responsibility of coordinating our Church's Staff Christmas Party. This year, she made arrangements with Cracker Barrel to cater. My wife is big on holiday decorating and token gift giving. Obviously the latter (gift giving) is where I come into play...I'm the owner of a lot of music  and two music burners.

After finishing my specific charge I gave the thirty CD's to Party Director, Gerry who informed me that her good friend Judy was coming to our home to assist in bow-tying a candy cane on each CD.
Upon hearing that news and fearing I might be required to 'help,' I disappeared to my basement office and listened to some thing different than Christmas music...'Little ' Milton's, 'Grits Ain't Groceries.'
(Touch)Needed a Change of Tunes

No comments:

Post a Comment